Sunday, January 12, 2014

My first few days

Yesterday, all of the international students took a trip to the town of Chester. It is a pretty big town with great shopping and restaurants. We went into a Cathedral and saw a street performer. It is interesting how different the daily lives are over here. People walk to the grocery store everyday to pick up just a few items. Everyone is more patient and has been so extremely kind and welcoming (especially when we are trying to figure out how much each coin is worth). People here seem more laid back and concerned with others and not so rushed all the time like in America.

I have met so many international students (there is about 60 of us) as well as British students. The British students have welcomed us with open arms and I know they will be great friends. Everyone usually hangs out in the common room.

Next week the international students have different types of orientation everyday. I find out my class schedule and meet my professors, hopefully learning my way around campus more. We are also being taken on a trip to Liverpool to see the town. Jason, Bill and Joanna from the International office are great and always willing to help.

I've only been here a few days and I absolutely love it! I love everyone I have met and I've been having the time of my life. I cannot wait to see what the rest of the semester brings!


                                  This is a clock tower in the lovely town of Chester.

                               This is the clock tower/ center of town in Ormskirk
                       
                                 The next two are Cathedrals in Chester.


                               Here is the street performer we saw in Chester.

Of corse I had to take a tourist picture in a phone booth!


                                  These are some pictures of my room.